Project: Geisha Girl

To find the Right "Head" for my Project... Geisha Girl,(gei) means "art" (sha) means "person"
.
Roller set for the updo... used a " WaterColor" #4 made in Japan, to turn hair from brown to soft black. This exotic oriental plant & herb extract gives amazing shine and covers 100% grey by adding water: mixing to a mud base
Getting ready for the make-up look... Choosing an open eye , with more of an Asian twist...

My choice in her gestures and look is chosen for its deep meaning:  Element that make the Gisha figure so peculiar, is the makeup. When she uses her make-up she is not a woman, but a  Geisha

 like the age: a young apprentice is recognized as a "Maiko" who generally uses stronger red  colouring and is to be lighter in their age.

Last touch is the appliction of the lipstick. Centuries ago, the " Benibana" flower was used  then crystal sugar applied to colour the lips; today, I will use colour on the lower lip only < as she matures, she will wear on both lips

My Project is 95% done, Just waiting on my client to have the date set for the "unveiling"
I will keep you posted on the finished look; once  she see's it first hand.
Final Piece of Vintage Fabric; completes my Project,  given from Gloria's Mom who is in her 90's.    Thank You for this beautiful scarf.



Unveiling day at Sebastion 1 Salon





Comments

  1. I asked Wendy if she could come up with a head to display some hair pieces I acquired in Japan. The results wee amazing and Wendy displayed even the pieces I received as a gift from a Geisha Instructor during my trip in Japan. The face was beautifully done and the vintage material to view as a Kimono drape was lovely.

    We had some laughs on the drive home from Vancouver to Surreyas I was in the rear eseat with the head piece (Jingles - nicknamed by Wendy).
    There was some double takes by drivers at intersections and along the highway as I had Jingles facing out the window.

    A beautiful job done by a beautiful and thoughtful person.

    Christine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts